December 27, 2012

Getting There


What triggers your creativity?
What makes you leave everything and rush into your studio?
What drives your art making?

Every artistic creation has a story, and behind these stories lays inspiration.

I'm not different from other artists, and would like to share with you my sources of inspiration in a series of posts.

Let's begin.

The first rainy period this year was stormy. I love stormy weather; it charges me with fresh energy and fills me with joy. Go figure…

It wasn't so for my husband, who also likes rain but realized he lost his long loved wind resistant umbrella. It's the kind of umbrella that doesn't bend inside-out by a light breeze or even a fairly strong wind. It looks like this, but was dark green:

Charged with all that energy I was very generous, and suggested to knit him a new umbrella :)
I took the spool I just knitted from and made a dome, which later became this earring:




No comments:

Post a Comment